5.02.2006

Nightmare #13. I’m pretty sure there’s a grasshopper caught in my eyebrow so I run to the mirror in a panic. I hate bugs. Dave Mustaine is in the mirror, applying clown makeup. There’s a racquetball stuck on his nose. “You’ll be seeing a lot more of me,” Mustaine sneers. I hate him so much. “Why do you hate me,” he asks. There are so many reasons, I can’t find the words. So I start speaking in monkey-like grunts. Dave reaches out through the mirror and slaps me. I try to slap him back and the glass shatters. My hand is bleeding. Bill Clinton is giving a speech in the background. I pull a gun out of my utility belt and hold it under my chin. “Make a wish, butterball.” Butterball? My fingertip twitches. The blood turns to mayonnaise. It’s over so very quickly. I thought it would last.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cha Cha said...

I am glad the nightmares have stopped for you.

The more I read them, the scarier they get.

August 16, 2006 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home